St Georges Church, Kew, London, TW8
This exquisite church conversion moments from Kew Bridge is a unique development of 2 and 3-bedroom luxury apartments
in one of London’s premier locations.
A truly magnificent opportunity to live riverside in a small community of just 20 properties and relish the incredible lifestyle these homes offer.
Few neighbourhoods can boast Michelin-starred restaurants for supper, Kew Gardens for a Sunday stroll or Chiswick High Street for that special gift, plus excellent transport links into Central London, the City and beyond.
This historical former church building has been renovated with the architectural integrity and detail it deserves.
IDM are extremely proud of their St Georges development. We have worked hard to keep elements of the original design within the renovation in order to preserve its past within the transformation.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Location, Location, Location
Set along side the River Thames, St Georges is located moments from Kew Bridge and the neighbouring suburb of Richmond upon Thames.
This area is known famously for the Royal Botanical Gardens – now a World Heritage Site – and boasts 300 acres
of beautifully kept land and gardens. Amongst its attractions is Queen Charlotte’s Cottage. Dating back to the 18th century, this incredible thatched cottage is a British treasure.
Kew and neighbouring Richmond are champions of great restaurants, shops, schools, architecture and open spaces. There is an incredible community atmosphere and it is regarded as one of London’s most desirable places to live.
- APARTMENT FLOORPLANS
- APARTMENT SHOW HOME PHOTOGRAPHY
- Location Timeline
- M4 Junction 1 4 mins by car
- Kew Gardens 6 mins by bus
- Kew Bridge Train Station 9 mins walk
- Kew Green 13 mins walk
- Heathrow 13 mins by car
- Gunnersbury Park 15 mins walk
- Richmond Park 19 mins by bike
- Gunnersbury Tube and Train station 20 mins walk
- Royal Albert Hall 22mins by car
- Twickenham Stadium 29 mins by public transport
- Hyde Park 32 mins by bike
- V&A museum 33 mins by public transport
- West eld Shopping Centre 34 mins by bus
- Victoria Station 38 mins by public transport
- Oxford Circus 43 mins by public transport
- Bank Station 52 mins by public transport
- Kings Cross International 54 mins by public transport
- Canary Wharf 56 mins by public transport
- The Barbican Centre 57 mins by car
- APARTMENT SPECIFICATIONS
The open plan layout makes great use of the kitchen, dining and living spaces and works perfectly as both an entertaining and family room.
A neutral palette provides a simple backdrop for your personal touches, whilst the high-end appliances, fixtures and fittings add a touch of sophistication and a premium finish.
- 150-year lease to each apartment.
- 10-year Building Guarantee (C-R-L).
- Built to comply with all current building regulations.
- The building is highly insulated, and requires much less heating than most other similar buildings, with the benefit of lower heating bills.
- Paxton Net 2 Video entry system providing secure entry to the building allowing access with keyless fobs or a personal code to communal entrance
to the apartments.
- CCTV covering the internal and externals areas of the building.
- White Oak veneered doors, with inlay.
- Walls & ceilings nished in white matt emulsion.
- Square edged skirting & architraves finished in ‘off white’ acrylic eggshell
- Fitted frosted glass sliding wardrobes to principal bedrooms, fitted with shelf and rail.
- One passenger lifts serving all above ground apartments
- Private gardens to ground floor units and roof terraces to the top floor apartments (where indicated on floorplan).
- Original Church Features retained wherever possible.
HEATING & COOLING
- Heating – will be provided throughout by under oor heating powered via an
energy efficient external heat pump. Bathrooms are complemented with electrically heated towel rails.
- Water – the property will be complete with a hot water cylinder powered via an energy efficient external heat pump and complete with immersion elements for added boost.
- Cooling – Bedrooms and living rooms will feature a background comfort cooling facility.
- Recessed lighting to kitchen, bathroom and hallway. Wall lighting to living and bedrooms.
- Brushed Stainless Steel sockets & switches (white sockets & switches used in ‘out of sight’ positions).
- Rako Digital Lighting system.
- Low energy light fittings.
- Pre-wired to accept Sky+, Virgin, Freeview TV, telephone and DAB and FM radio to living / dining and bedrooms.
- Wired for 100mb Fibre Optic Broadband (Subscription required with Hyperoptic).
- Networked with CAT 5e cabling to living / dining and bedrooms back to the service cupboard.
- Mains power, battery backed up smoke detectors.
- NICEIC / ECA Certified
- Matt finished, handleless contemporary kitchens.
- Fully fitted with Hi-Macs Natural Acrylic Stone surfaces.
- Sink unit (under mounted).
- Hi-Macs Natural Acrylic Stone splash backs.
- Recessed LED lighting under kitchen wall cupboards.
- Siemens stainless steel appliances; oven & hob.
- Integrated Siemens dishwasher and fridge freezer appliances and extractor.
- Wine fridge.
- Siemens washer / dryer located in service cupboard.
- Cast iron double ended baths.
- Three way shower diverter with rain shower head, hand held shower & bath spout (for bath set up).
- Two way shower diverter with rain shower head & hand held shower (for en-suite set up).
- Glass hinged shower screens with chrome channels.
- Vanity unit.
- Recessed mirrored cabinet above basin.
- Wall hung WC.
- Ceramic 600mm x 600mm wall tiles.
- Chrome heated towel rail.
- Shaver socket (within mirrored cabinet).
- Ceramic Tile oak effect flooring 1000mm x 200mm planks throughout main living and entrance hall and bedrooms.
- Ceramic 600mm x 600mm tiled floor in bathrooms.
In light of our sustainability policy, the following measures have been implemented:
- Thicker walls and roofs to allow for increased u-values in excess of current regulations.
- Maximised light and space to allow for more natural daylight.
- High performance double glazed aluminium windows & external doors.
- Bike store with CCTV monitoring and keyless fob only access.
- Bin store with CCTV monitoring and keyless fob only access.
St Georges was designed by esteemed architect A.W. Blom eld. It was active until it closed its doors in 1959, integrating with two local churches.
Between 1963 – 2008 the church was transformed into a musical museum, housing a rare collection of working instruments and historic musical rolls, gaining an international reputation as one of the most accomplished of its kind.
- IDM'S DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT TEAM
DEVELOPER: IDM PROPERTIES LLP
- IDM GROUP OF COMPANIES
- Transport Connections
Take advantage of London’s thriving arts and culture scene with a short commute into Central London. The endless array of shops and sights will guarantee a truly cosmopolitan lifestyle.